Conducted by :
Kaydles Candle Studio – Founded during circuit breaker in 2020 in hope to improve the sudden shift from working in the office to working from home. Kaydles team aspires to collaborate with different designers in Singapore to create unique collections of candles as part of a collective.
Cineleisure Orchard, A New Leaf (Level 2)
In view of International Women's Day 2022, Kaydles will be holding a DIY soy-wax candle workshop to celebrate all women and girls.
Create a soy-wax candle with us during this workshop and learn about the history, process and basic maintenance and care of burning a scented soy wax candle.
A candle is a very basic invention that is made up of two parts: A wick that can be easily lit, such as braided cotton, and a solid fuel source surrounding the wick. Candles were not only practical but an integral part of everyday life. Indeed, before electricity was brought into existence, candles provided one of the only means through which the shadows could be illuminated after sunset and they most certainly were not beautifully scented.
- An introduction to Kaydles
- Origins of candle and candle making
- Tools and materials required for candle making
- Scent introduction – Types of fragrances
- How to make a candle – Glass jar
- Candle care and maintenance tips
- How to resolve candle tunneling
All tools, materials are provided and no prior knowledge is necessary. You'll get to take home one scented soy wax candle (200ml, 6.7oz).
In order to ensure that our premises comply with the government's recommendations for safe reopening, we are keeping it at a maximum of 5 pax for this session and all studio users must comply with the following:
- Be vaccinated*
- Check in and out using the SafeEntry check-in system at the mall
- Compulsory temperature check upon entry.
- Wear masks at all times.
We ask that you refrain from attending this upcoming workshop session if;
- You have received or is in close proximity with anyone with SHN in the last 14 days from workshop date.
- You are feeling unwell.
- You have had a fever of 37.5ºC or higher.
A refund of 50% of the workshop fee will be issued for all the cancellations made in writing
Cancellation for your slot for this workshop due to any COVID-19 related reasons would only be allowed full refund at our own discretion on a case-by-case basis.
No refunds or credits will be issued for No Shows on the day of the workshop.